November 13 2016
Every so often, I find myself in the terrible predicament of strawberries going bad. An entire carton of strawberries going bad in the fridge is a horrible thing.
And sometimes, the solution is cookies. Strawberry cookies.
Strawberry cookies have a bit less sugar than ordinary cookies, but the sweetness and goodness of strawberries – and maybe a bit of chocolate!
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 4 oz Cream Cheese or Farmers Cheese
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Flour all purpose
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberries chopped
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips optional
- Chop up your strawberries into nice small cookie-sized chunks. Lightly cover with a tbsp of flour. This will keep them from sticking together too badly.
- Cream together your butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix.
- Add your dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Carefully fold in your floured strawberries. Mix in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown.
This recipe was inspired by Strawberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks. You could, of course, add white chocolate to this recipe too, though I generally make the cookies without chocolate chips and they taste wonderful.
Share this Recipe