February 1 2017
Greek Chicken Sandwich
I love the Mediterranean taste of oregano and garlic (if you haven’t guessed yet!). This chicken sandwich recipe combines both of those flavors with a bit of lemon for delicious zesty chicken.
Good Tzatziki Sauce is a must with the chicken. The yogurt balances out the spices wonderfully.
- 3 pieces Pita Bread
- 6 tbsp Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, and salt in a plastic bag.
- Chop up the chicken into small easily cooked pieces, and let it chicken breast marinate in the oil mixture in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours. Overnight is ideal.
- Cook the chicken pieces in a medium sized saucepan on the stove.
- Slice the cooked chicken up into nice thin slices suitable for a sandwich. Wrap up your chicken slices and about 2 tablespoons of tzatziki sauce in each piece of pita bread.
- It should make about three sandwiches.
Share this Recipe